Web Hosting Servcies And Domain Names
Choosing an appropriate domain name is very important. First and foremost, when it comes to domain names, try to stay away from the silly, stupid, ridiculous or clever. Keep your domain name simple and make it something your customers can remember if they lose the link to your business website.
Take note that, while your domain name on Geocities or AOL may seem like the least expensive way to go, it may also get you dropped from certain search engines. Some search engines ignore domain addresses that reside on these 'free servers' or on the 'cheap' servers.
Even if your site is recognized and considered by search engines, a professional domain name that uses your primary company name or associated words is likely to get more attention and be considered as a stable business by your prospective customers.
Purchasing domain names are not that expensive which cost about $100 and there are many companies that can register the name for you, provided it is available and has not already been used by another company.
Using one of your keywords in your domain name can increase your score on some search engines. For example, solderingirons.com could be more effective as Electric-soldering-irons.com, if that domain name was available.
You might also choose to establish more than one domain name using keywords and then link your 'doorway' domain sites to your primary site. But you will have to pay for each of the domain name and also the monthly hosting fees. It all depends on the type and size of your business and your competition.
Keep in mind that some search engines disregard 'doorway' sites. So put at least a page of content on the doorway site with some useful information and then link it to your primary site. But don't design it as an empty page. The other reason being, you can have one, three, five, or even more email addresses that all contain your business name, and give your business a professional feel. When customers get emails from firstname.lastname@example.org they feel as if they are dealing with a stable, professional business operation.
No need for customers to understand how you manage all your email boxes on your domain. They just need to feel your business is dependable and reputable.
Increasing Web Traffic Articles
- 7 Surefire Ways To Increase Your Traffic Starting Yesterday
- Heres Why Paying For Your Traffic Is A Smart Move
- How Do Search Engines Work- Web Crawlers
- How To Generate Traffic Using Only Free Methods
- How To Monetize Your Traffic So You Get The Most Out Of It
- How To Use A Tell A Friend Script To Drive Traffic Today
- Keyword Density
- Search Engine Optimization And Why You Gotta Use It
- Some Essential Feaures Your Web Site Must Have
- Submitting Your Website To Search Engines
- The Importance Of Search Engines
- Tips To Get Repeat Web Traffic
- Tips To Increase Ranking And Website Traffic
- Top 5 Ways To Generate Low Cost Website Traffic
- Using Google Adwords To Drive Laser Targeted Traffic
- Using Keywords In Page Titles
- Viral Marketing 101 Not Using It Could Kill Your Business!
- Web Hosting Companies
- Web Hosting Servcies And Domain Names
- Website As Storefronts
- What Is Search Engine Optimization