Website As Storefronts
A customer walks into the store, browses through products and shelves, picks up items, inspects, considers the prices, chooses a product and takes it to the cash register to pay. Now if you want to sell your products online, then your site must be enabled for e-commerce, where you must have the following features:
* You need to provide plenty of content and product description like sizes, dimensions, colors and comparisons with other similar products. It must allow the customer to choose a product, get a clear pricing and shipping costs on the product, complete the transaction and get an order number, and/or invoice confirmation via email. Allow your customer to choose a shipping method.
* You must tell the customer if the item is in stock or delivered against order. Ideally, you should have an email contact or live help if the customer has a question. Most importantly you must respond immediately! If you want to provide your own live chat and help desk services on your website, specialized softwares are available for purchase.
* Be sure your customer service links are large and clearly marked, so your client does not have to dig around to find information.
* Provide an 'about us' section or a section about your policies. If you have privacy statements and customer satisfaction policies, your customer will feel better about shopping in your store.
* You probably want to have customer quotes and references on the storefront page, as well, to let your prospective client know that others are happy with your service.
* Provide an FAQ with information about your return-back policies, guarantees, shipping prices and insurance charges if any.
* If you are so inclined, you can offer a print catalogue if the customer prefers to order one from your storefront and shop in the privacy of their homes.
* Do not annoy your customers by presenting products that are marked 'sold' or pages that say 'under construction' or 'coming soon'.
* Do add new content frequently, so your returning customers will not be bored by seeing the same products they saw four months ago.
* If your site has got a date tag or has current references, be careful to change these references frequently so you don't give the perception that nobody is attending or reading your site.
Increasing Web Traffic Articles
- 7 Surefire Ways To Increase Your Traffic Starting Yesterday
- Heres Why Paying For Your Traffic Is A Smart Move
- How Do Search Engines Work- Web Crawlers
- How To Generate Traffic Using Only Free Methods
- How To Monetize Your Traffic So You Get The Most Out Of It
- How To Use A Tell A Friend Script To Drive Traffic Today
- Keyword Density
- Search Engine Optimization And Why You Gotta Use It
- Some Essential Feaures Your Web Site Must Have
- Submitting Your Website To Search Engines
- The Importance Of Search Engines
- Tips To Get Repeat Web Traffic
- Tips To Increase Ranking And Website Traffic
- Top 5 Ways To Generate Low Cost Website Traffic
- Using Google Adwords To Drive Laser Targeted Traffic
- Using Keywords In Page Titles
- Viral Marketing 101 Not Using It Could Kill Your Business!
- Web Hosting Companies
- Web Hosting Servcies And Domain Names
- Website As Storefronts
- What Is Search Engine Optimization